Concept: Gathering and analyzing data to inform decisions and actions. Making data informative/understandable to all.
Questions to ask yourself:
- What will be my role in this process?
- What primary data is available and useful?
- What secondary data is available and useful?
- What does the analysis say about past, present and future trends?
- What tools are available and appropriate for the situation? Which should you use?
- How do we ‘do’ the analysis?
- Who is already collecting data in the community and how do we access it?
- What will it take to have the community move to the next step?
- Who is still not at the table?
Questions to ask the community:
- What primary and secondary data have you already collected?
- What input would you like to add regarding the data presented?
- Which anecdotal data and stories add to the overall picture presented?
- What intangibles need to be considered and which are affecting current outcomes and how?
- What barriers need to be considered and which are affecting current outcomes and how?
- How do we interpret the analysis? What does it mean?
Check-out questions to make sure you are in sync with community expectations:
- Shared expectations?
- New stakeholders?
- New assets external/internal?